Saturday, November 2, 2013

In the Past

This is going to be a short post, because I'm beat.

But I just wanted let the world at large know that I am not a one-day wonder. I have, in fact, doubled my word count from around 4,000 to 8,000. I know, it's only a small fraction of 50,000, but it's more than I had yesterday, and it didn't even take up my entire day. I wrote in the afternoon, added stuff to my Skydrive to back it up, looked at photos of cute cats, and wrote again in the evening.

It's 9:00 and I'm not entirely sure I'm done for the night. I likely am, because I can rapidly feel burnout approaching, but I'm thoroughly satisfied with how I've progressed up until now. If I can continue at this pace, it will really help if I have to miss a day because of work, moving hassles, or general craziness.

As for the story itself, surprisingly it has remained on the rails thus far. I'm trying desperately to hug my outline like it's my last hope for survival, but I've never been particularly good at adhering to outlines in the past.

Then again, I present to you this inspirational dialogue from The Lion King, quotes taken direct from IMDB:


Rafiki: It doesn't matter. It's in the past. [laughs
Adult Simba: Yeah, but it still hurts. 
Rafiki: Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. 


Time to put the past in the past, learn from it, and win NaNoWriMo.



Inspirations: way too much information on skydiving, ejection seats, the height of mountain ranges, and hydroelectric power.

Music: the sounds of a wrestling promo by Davey Richards, background music from cool game husband is playing called Miasmata, and the ever-familiar sounds of Pokemon X and Y, which my husband is currently going through and which I have already logged over 40 hours in and still counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment