Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Go, Go, NaNoWriMo!

So here I am again, managing to actually get several blog posts out in the span of less than a week. And believe it or not, this is actually in spite of the fact that not only am I keeping up with NaNoWriMo, I'm getting ahead.

It's Day 5, and I haven't started working on my novel yet for the day. By the end of today, I should have a total of 8,335 words to stay on track and finish on time.

Let's hear it for the girl: 16,097.

Yes, that's right. Almost double what I should have. And counting.

NaNoWriMo's wonderful, wonderful word tracker tells me all of these cool stats, like how many words I've written per day on average, and how long it will take me to finish if I keep going at this rate. Right now, I should be on track to hit 50,000 by November 14th, and if I keep going, by the time NaNo ends, I should have written somewhere around 120,000 words!

So in honor of all these cool facts, I present to you:



Maneki-neko, translated to mean "happy or lucky cat." Photo courtesy of the maneki-neko Wikipedia page.

It's a good day. Now, time to get back to noveling!



Music: Sukima Switch's Kuusou Clip (whoever said they're the Japanese Steely Dan was right), the soundtrack for the Pokemon Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman movie, and the crickets chirping in all the empty seats for last night's presentation at work. Four people, one not even a resident, and none who will retain a shred of what I told them.

Inspiration: my vast collection of notes explaining the ecosystem and back-story of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment