Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dusting Off the Old Blog

As I'm still rusty with this whole blog posting thing, I'm going to keep today's update short and sweet. I just want to let people out there know about a really cool book that I'm reading called "Let's Get Digital," by David Gaughran. It's a guide on self-publishing, and I'm finding it really fascinating. What's even cooler is that it links - with rather eerie preciseness - to some of the exact points made in the following article:


Originally titled "The Hunger Games Economy" (or at least it was when my Dad scanned and sent it to me from Forbes), this article is a telling indicator of how much the publishing industry has changed over the past few years. E-books are booming, self-published authors are competing with well-known legacy-published authors, and hard work and talent have more of a chance of success than ever before in the writing world.

Reading books and articles like these remind me that now is one of the best times to be an author. Reading about other ordinary people making a living from writing gives me renewed hope. I've only ever wanted to be a successful author so that people would give me more time to keep doing what I love most in the world - creating stories.

Maybe, with a few good novels at my side containing the characters who hold my heart and imagination, I can succeed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment