Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo Strikes Again!

Wow!

So last year, I got to 50,000 words in only 16 days! Which is really, really crazy.

So this year, I decided to be even crazier. Why not, right? You only live once. (Unless you're a writer. Then you get to live right along with as many characters as you can cram into your head.)

So this year I present to you, using Kickstarter terminology for easy understanding, Erica's Super-Insane-Amazing Stretch Goal:

This year

I am going to write

100,000

words

in 30 days.


Wow.


Image from DeviantArt, by Merian Rose

I'm working on the sequel not to the novel I wrote in last year's NaNoWriMo - that one is undergoing extensive revision as the giant world that it is set in just seems to want to keep expanding and detailing itself even further.

Instead, I'm writing the sequel to a novel I started back in my senior year of college, a novel that I took out of storage on and off for approximately six years before I finally sat down and finished the darn thing this past summer. I'm incredibly proud of it, and have finally started the process of getting it published.

Considering that there's actually a decent chance the novel will be out in the world early sometime next year, I figured I'd better get going with the sequel. And now that I've finally started to get my life where I want it to be, it's time to work my butt off getting my writing career to where I want it as well. I've made great progress these last few months, and don't want to slow down until I'm done with book 2.

So wish me luck, love, and lots and lots of chocolate!




Inspiration: My mother telling me she really liked the first novel. My mother is a tough critic even of her daughter, so that's real praise.

Music: Silence while writing, but there was much Maaya Sakamoto yesterday, particularly her new album. I love Replica and the piano take on Be Mine is amazing. The speed at which she blisters through the song on the recorded track, and the high notes she hits seem impossible. But then you hear her do the same thing live with just a piano in the background, and you can see that she's The Real Deal.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Erica =)

    That's one heck of a huge goal! Now that it's December, I'm very curious how it all went for you.

    How did you do???

    ReplyDelete