Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cinnamon-Cocoa Cookies

In a break from the recent NaNoWriMo posts, as I've currently stalled at 61,000 (moving and getting a hyperactive kitten might have had something to do with that), I'm posting my recipe for cinnamon-cocoa cookies. I made this up myself, from a hybrid of other recipes, and I'm still perfecting it, but they taste pretty darn good as is. Enjoy!

Cinnamon-Cocoa Cookie Recipe

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix:

1 cup butter (plus 1/4 of next stick for extra fluffiness)
1 1/2 cups white sugar

Stir In:

1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa (less, to keep the cookies thinner)

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.


Yum. Just pure Yum.



Anyway, a variant of this recipe did actually make it into the finals of a Huffington Post chocolate chip cookie contest, so try it out if you like. I can't promise anything, but everyone who tried them liked them, so take that for what it's worth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment