Monday, October 25, 2010

News of Almost-November

November is less than a week away. This fact scares me on an annual basis. As a spring chicken, it means the end of comfort, and the start of a long season of colds, stomach viruses, and misery. It also means having to dig my car out of the snow, and then drive through more of it to get wherever I'm going.

As a rule, I try not to think about it, so here's something a little more light-hearted: about three years ago, I read an article about a teen who had a real problem. She could not, no matter what she tried, stop hiccuping. So when I read that she was in the news again, I thought, well, finally! Someone's cured her hiccups and she can live a normal life!

Nope.

Hiccup girl is now in the news for aiding a robbery-turned-murder. The link, here, had me cracking up. Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible for the murder victim, and his family, but this wasn't the end of the story I was expecting! I wonder what caused her to turn to crime? Was it the relentless teasing she must have received over her condition, family economic pressure (she does live in the economically-troubled state of Florida), or something else altogether? Was it drugs, or pressure to act out because she knew she'd never fit in?

Most importantly, is she still hiccuping in jail?

These are the important questions for our day. What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment